Thursday, October 2, 2008

the real design stars

I'm watching Design Star on Bravo for two reasons.  1. It's a reality show on Bravo and I've seen them all.  2. I love love love the panel of judges.  What's not to love about Kelly Wearstler's fearless style in decor and dress, Margaret Russell's steely editorial minimalism, and the always-hilarious Jonathan Adler.  With every passing week I connect.  Not to the contestants, mind you, but to a panel of judges that I already know.  Sure, it's not the most open-minded approach to new things, but hey, sometimes nostalgia is more fun than discovery.  Now, I live with some Jonathan Adler ceramics on a daily basis and they never let me down, but a peek onto the potter's Happy Chic website today gave me another wonderful surprise.  The Hashish candle?  Genius.  

No comments: