Friday, October 17, 2008

Coolspotters

I tend to accidentally lose hours on the internet.  I typically do this with Facebook, Wikipedia, and People Magazine (for some reason, I end up looking at very old photos of Katie Holmes).  It all starts so innocently and then 4,000 clicks later I wake up and realize I've just spent two hours doing nothing.  My new addiction/discovery is Coolspotters, an online treasure trove that allows the materialistic and celebrity-obsessed to "spot" their favorite products, brands and fashions used by celebrities and in movies and TV.  I have decided to integrate more design history into the site... surprise surprise.  So, instead of spotting fashion and iPhones I have decided to focus on Eames chairs.  Because that's what I do.  My most recent posting was of Frasier sitting in his Eames Lounge and Ottoman with Eddie.  For me it's just a good excuse to collect photos of people sitting in Eames chairs, but the site could be incredibly useful for those fashionistas out there who, after losing two hours on People Magazine, can finally figure out where Jen Aniston bought that bag.  

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I really like Coolspotters. I mean it is a little materialistic but I like that I wanted to know for ages who made those jeans Katie Holmes was wearing on the 4th of july and I found the answer there. They were Stitches btw.

Glad I am not the only one with that guilty pleasure;)