Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!

Voting day is a super-exciting day. I can't wait to go home and watch all of the states report and just feel that surge of pride when we get closer and closer to an announcement. This election has been a designapalooza and I personally have loved navigating through barackobama.com and watching the Obama O from a branding standpoint. Sure, there is a wonderful history of campaign buttons, unforgettable slogans (I Like Ike, anyone?) and images, but I am hard-pressed to name a more succinct, direct, and visually stunning campaign. The design differences between the Obama and McCain campaigns are striking and really demonstrate the candidates' ideal demographics and voting blocks. I mean, even McCain's font selection and choice of blue is more traditional! And who can deny the importance of fashion during this election - from the rainbow of Hillary pantsuits to Sarah Palin's $150,000 wardrobe.

It has been really fun to watch all of the design decisions made by both parties this election. And while I did vote based on issues, it doesn't hurt to know that my candidate is also the more design-savvy candidate. One can only imagine, nay, dream, of the aesthetic glory that will come of an Obama presidency. The branding! The fashion! The clear messages made even clearer by a visually cohesive plan! Perhaps my favorite little ephemeral nothing from election day is my Georgia Voter sticker. How cute!

No comments: