Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hurray!!!

I have been gifted two Girard dolls for Christmas!!! Hurray!!!!! What a perfect addition to my collection!!!!! Thank you, Martha, for such a thoughtful gift!!!!! Love, love, love, love, love them.

I am too pumped to do some actual digging about the dolls, but I will completely steal from Design Within Reach so that you can understand my joy of joys.

"'Toys,' said Alexander Girard, 'represent a microcosm of man's world and dreams; they exhibit fantasy, imagination, humor and love.' In addition to his work in textiles, Girard distinguished himself as a designer of furniture, interiors and even toys. He also had a strong interest in folk art, and in 1963, he created a collection of Wooden Dolls for his own Santa Fe home. Working from the originals, the Vitra Design Museum has reissued models 1-11 of Girard's brightly painted, semi-abstract and sculptural figures."

1 comment:

Kim said...

Me: Insanely jealous.